Welcome to the Homepage for OVRdrop!
OVRdrop is a Utility Application for SteamVR that can mirror a Desktop Window, an entire Monitor, or a WebCam into a Cross Game SteamVR Overlay. OVRdrop works on SteamVR and should be fully compatible with any SteamVR headset, though you will need tracked controllers for many of the features. It is known to work for the HTC Vive as well as the Oculus Rift, though some games may not be compatible with the Rift. The only major downside is that Cross Game Overlays will always draw on top of game geometry because Depth information is not fed to the Compositor by SteamVR games.
HTC Vive Users:
Oculus Rift Users:
- We have not yet found any incompatible games. OVRdrop should have 100% HTC Vive compatibility; though certain applications may break Overlay Interaction (mouse clicks, moving/rotation/scaling from VR); please check the Compatibility Article for more details.
- Certain games, even when launched through SteamVR, will insist on drawing directly to the Rift instead of through the SteamVR Compositor. Such games cannot utilize the SteamVR Overlay system, so these Overlays will not work there; please check the Compatibility Article for more details. It may be possible to launch Oculus SDK games through Revive to bring SteamVR compatibility to them, though you will lose Asynchronous Timewarp in trade for Reprojection. This is known to not work for Elite Dangerous due to their launcher system.
- For some games, including Elite Dangerous, Subnautica, and Project Cars, it may be possible to enable SteamVR support with Rift simply by marking the EXEs as "Run with compatibility for Windows 7". Please see the announcement here for more info.
- For Elite Dangerous, please see the guide here.
- For Project Cars, please see the guide here.
- For Subnautica, please see the guide here.
- For other games, please see the announcement here for more info.
- Can clone almost any Desktop Window into VR.
- Can clone an entire monitor into VR.
- Can clone WebCam sources into VR.
- Side By Side 3D support for displaying Side By Side 3D content into VR.
- Works with almost any SteamVR Compatible game. Should work with any game that utilizes the SteamVR SDKs. On the Rift, certain Rift games will use the Oculus SDK even when you use SteamVR. On the Vive and other SteamVR compatible headsets every game should work.
- Easily Attach the Overlay to the World, the Screen (like a HUD), or one of the Controllers.
- Send Mouse Clicks through to the target application, without leaving VR. (World/Controller attached Overlays only). Allows for Left, Right, and Middle Click as well as ScrollWheel (Horizontal and Vertical wheels).
- Move, Rotate, and Scale the Overlay without leaving VR. (World attached Overlays only).
- The Overlay can Animate when you look at it, such as changing transparency, scale, or moving out of the way.
- Allows configurable Capture FPS.
- Allows configurable Crop Region. You can clone just a subset of a window instead of the whole window if desired.
- Configurable Outline for the Overlay (can disable if desired) to make the Overlay more visible.
- Configurable Quality Settings. Clone a window as is or use Bilinear or Trilinear filtering to smooth edges, increasing perceived quality.
- Options to enable display of the Desktop Cursor on the Overlay when it moves over the target application.
- Haptic Feedback support!
- Save/Load support.
Current Visitors: 2 - Total Visitors: 60857
Copyright Nicholas Ewalt 2016 - 2019
All rights reserved.